The other night I drank some Mountain Dew.
The night was just too great and I had to share it with someone and Taylor was busy with late night homework-
I find myself in my running shoes sharing the night with the glowing white full moon, suspended from strings in the darkened sky.
Usually I like the back roads but because of the hour I find comfort in the company of cars whirring by and the lights they provide.
I am led to the main building on campus sitting high upon a hill amazed at the level of activity at such a late hour, the glowing white "A" shining bright like a beacon.
Past the Christ Lutheran Church with the glowing white sign that reads something about Jesus and forgiveness, and 'Everyone welcome. Sunday 8:00-9:30 AM',
Reminding me of the Catholic Youth hostel we stayed in during our visit to Alishan, Taiwan--a city of one single train leading up to a most beautiful sunrise where the sun jumps when it first appears--what with the large cross on the top and it set upon a hill as well.
And finally zigzagging my way back on the quiet quaint Logan streets, past the cottage that is straight out of the enchanted children's book, The Secret Garden.
I can't quite figure out why I feel so alive at this moment--It must be my thankful heart... the full moon... or the couple ounces of Mountain Dew.
I think I found my new daily vitamin.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
you are amazing!
I loved it! You totally inspire me! Love ya tons!
What a poet! How did Tay ever get so lucky as to marry you. :)
You have such a way with words!! Awesome.
Loved it.... I'm going to have to try that!! :)
Post a Comment