Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Half Marathon Fun

Top of Utah: 23-August-2008: 1:27:59

When I am in good running shape I feel like me.
I feel strong,
true,
comfortable, and
complete.

Oftentimes when I run I learn something new about myself.

Tonight I learned that even though we can't change our past,
we can change the future.

And if we could go back in time to change our past, altering one small decision or one very large perspective, it wouldn't do any good because we'd still be the person we were back then, becoming the person we are now.

We can gain wisdom from experiences we have had, and constantly mold our future into what we ultimately desire.

4 comments:

BAWC said...

1:27, amazing! way to go! ps look on my blog there is an ode to you!

Jaime said...

Very profound. Way to go. I think I'm the only older sister who looks up to her younger sis.

PS I'm so excited that you are possibly going to run the 10-K with us! (Okay, not with us, ahead of us, but you get what I mean :))

Andrea said...

Congrats Dude! That's awesome! Dide you see Carol(Cabenillas)there??? If you did I hope you kicked her BUTT! Hey where are you guys livin these days?? You look GREAT by the way!

Heather said...

What a race! Way to go...and congrats on yesterday. Wish we could have been there with you!