It was so wonderful to see the sun again. For the last month the sun was struggling to find Shanghai. It was also wonderful to see Nellie again. She is a great friend and an even greater mother and I learned a lot from her about mothering. I learned all about nutrition for children, singing to children, playing with your children, discipline, and love. I also learned a lot of essential other things like new healthy recipes, running while pregnant, things that help ease pregnant nausea and so much more. I had so much fun as they showed me their favorite spots: Ratidian Beach, Haputo Beach-we had to take an awesome hike to get to this wonderful secret of the Earth beach, Inarajan Falls, Chamorro Village on Wednesday evening where I was able to try food from Guam, and Timon Bay. We even ran a few times in the morning. I loved being outside running in the warmth. I am having so much fun with Nellie and her beautiful daughters, and I have one more day to experience Guam. It's more beautiful than I could ever have imagined. The warmth is awesome!!!
Thanks Nellie for showing me around your new home! It's been a great week!
Fresh coconut from Umatac Bay.

Me and Analia in a small local village called Gef Pago.
The wonderful secret of the Earth Haputo Bay. I loved this secluded beach!
One of the most amazing sights I've ever before laid eyes on. The immensity of the ocean is just astounding!


Fresh bananas from Umatac Bay. The nice guy introduced himself as Big Johnny. He let us eat these bananas and cut us open some coconut and let us drink the juice. He let us feed his water buffalo Bessie, and even let Analia ride her. He pointed out to us the village cemetery below and joked that people were dying to get there...Funny guy.






10 comments:
What a fun side trip! I don't know a lot about Guam but from your pictures I would have to say that it looks beautiful!
Running while pregnant! Wow! I am impressed. I never had that kind of energy when I was pregnant! That is great!
ok, no fair!!!! i am so jealous. i miss you both so much!!! i looks beautiful. did i mention that it is not fair???
Oh my I am so jealous!!! My cousins are from Guam and I have always wanted to go there, you have no idea how jealous I am...How are you feeling? How many weeks are you now?
Jen - good for you. . . taking advantage of all these opportunities for adventure. Guam sounds so exotic. I'm glad you had a good time!
I hope you bring some of that sunshine back to Shanghai. We've had rain and no sun for over a month now. I'm ready for some sun. Guam looks beautiful and it looks like you're have a great time, but Shanghai is anxious for you to come home!
Yeah, I'm with Framers...NOT FAIR! Wish I could have been there with you guys. I'm glad you were able to see some sunshine.
What a beautiful place! You're lucky to get to travel so much. Enjoy it!
We can't wait to see you this summer!!!
Wow Jen! Wish I was you, or at least with you. Mason Jennings pulled up on your playlist while I was catching up on your blog, and I bit my lip. Mason Jennings always reminds me of you and our Taiwan adventure.
So fun! I love how adventurous you are. BTW, I need your email address! I keep getting my messages returned. My email is amanda@rwkpark.com.
Love you!
Hey Jen this is a long lost friend, I haven't talked to you or seen you since before you got married, found your blog on Cary Bushman/Wall blogs, I added your blog to mine, I just started, so much has changed you are living in China! awesome, congrats on being prego, I hope all is going well. my email is nnchandler@hotmail.com, send me your email. my blog is neverendingsports.blogspot.com I hope to talk to you soon, golfer friend in Utah,'
Nicole
Post a Comment