Sunday, April 19, 2009

These three weeks

Here are some things that have happened to us the past three weeks:

-I am now 19 weeks along in my pregnancy and am getting bigger. Sometimes at night I think I can feel the baby move or kick, but I can't be quite sure.

-Taylor joined an expat frisbee league and is tearing up the field. He's getting used to playing frisbee with rules, and it's great because now we know where there's an accessible running track in Shanghai.

-Taylor took a long business trip to India and even met the missionaries undercover due to the current presidential(?) elections. Apparently it can get quite dangerous.

-I took a trip home to the U.S. using my mom's flight benefits and was able to spend lots of time with my wonderful family and beautiful nieces.

- I've finished up the second of three intense Chinese language courses right before I left for America. I'm now able to buy, barter, and get around much more comfortably. However, once I got back from America I feel like I'm starting new again, or atleast a couple steps back. It seems to go easily...

-My brother's beautiful twin babies, Katelyn and Carly, were born on his birthday, April 3rd, and sadly developed kidney complications. It was such a blessing to be in the U.S. at this time so I could meet them and be with my brother and sister-in-law. Complications became greater and they were switched to Primary Childrens Hospital for better care. Despite the great care Katelyn received, her small body couldn't handle the stress and she passed away just yesterday. Although her small body couldn't bear the stress and wasn't able to recover, I believe her spirit was strong and smart and that she knew more things than we can understand, fresh from heaven. I believe she knew her purpose on Earth, that she knew her family, and that her parents loved her immensely, and was peaceful with the fact that she had gained a body and now can rest peacefully and perfect in joy. Though I still do not fully understand why she had to leave so early, I believe one day we will understand. I believe God has an eternal perspective and vision, and of course, with our earthly vision, we simply can't comprehend. I do know that he is mindful of all his children, knows us individually, and has a plan for all of us. I greatly admire the strength of my brother and sister-in-law.

-Carly is quite the fighter and we are praying and hoping that she will be able to heal well enough and develop strong enough to be released from the hospital and return home with her family.

-It was a blessing to be with their 2 year old sister, Lexi this past week and get to know more of her wonderful personality. She loved to hold my hand and talk with me, and I can't wait to spend more time with her in the summer.

8 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Words seem so inadequate, but my condolences at the loss of your niece. It's reassuring to know of the eternal plan. I will keep your brother's family in my prayers.

Keith, Heather and Carsen said...

Wow, so many new things since I have read your blog last! I am so sorry to hear bout your niece! Also...congrats on the baby!!! I had no idea that you were prego! do you know what you are having? I am at the 24 week mark in my pregnancy and feeling the baby like crazy!! It is so cool how he get's stronger every day! miss you guys! Keep in touch!

BAWC said...

oh, i am so sorry to hear about katelyn. you have an awesome perspective about everything. i will keep little carly and your brother and his family in my prayers. it was so good to talk with you before you headed back. sorry that my battery died. can't wait for june. love to love you baby.

Jenny said...

I am so sad...I don't know what to say. I am going to call your mom and see if I can help in any way. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Thanks for the good run and I'm sorry we couldn't make the u/s thing work out. We'll definitely do it in June! Can't wait to see your cute little belly again soon! Love ya!

Tiffany Salter said...

I am so sorry to hear about your niece. My prayers are with your family as they work through the pain of such a great loss. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help support your fam.

Jaime said...

We want you back. We miss you. We need you!!!

Kristen said...

We're so sad for your family. Such a loss is difficult. Hopefully your strong faith and understanding of God's plan will give comfort to you and your family as time passes. Our prayers are with all of you--especially Carly and Rachel. Pleae keep us informed and let us know how we can help the most.

nicole chandler said...

I am sorry for your family's loss, I had a friend just go through a similar experience, You are all so strong and even though the pain is there we have the plan of salvation to be together again. What a wonderful blessing, Hope all is well, good luck with chinese language lessons, call me when you come into town so we can hang out, even just for a short time. Have a wonderful day, my prayers are with your brother and family.