Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bali - Bangkok

WB and I were able to accompany TP on his business trip to Bali and Bangkok these past two days. He asked if we wanted to come along...I didn't have to take a moment to think about that one!
We spent our days hanging out on the beach while TP worked. He had one full free day where we all sat on the beach. We listened to the waves and the water ebb and tide, the sky a perfect shade of beach blue with white clouds passing slowly...and we chased Will around as he tried to eat sand and swim alone in the ocean. Since this trip came up sudden I forgot to pack W's swim gear and summer hat...He sure looks cute in his new gear.
TP had a business dinner on the beach to his favorite type of meal--seafood. I'm not sad I missed out on that one.

Bangkok is a cool city. I am most impressed with a nearby park where we ran. It was a fairly large park with a lake in the middle, similar to some back in our hometown, but this park was filled with runners, groups of people doing yoga, tai-chi, badminton, and most impressive of all were the groups of people doing step aerobics with loud stero systems. It made me happy that so many people were enjoying exercise.
And, they have the best mango sticky rice here, naturally. And they don't skimp on the rice. SO TASTY! More than a couple times we had to take second glances at some "women" who had man hands and features.  Thailand is the world's capital for 'ladyboys'.  Nastsy. We also experienced a tuk tuk - little taxi type thing.

WB makes so many people smile. He can now wave on command when I say, "Shuo Ni hao" (say hello). Or if I say "gei wo" (give me) he'll hand over whatever it is he has. He is very smart and picks up on so much lately. He can say 'Baba' (it means Dad, in chinese). He can also say 'Dadda', and 'Momma'. 'Baba' and 'dada' are the favorite. 'Momma' only when he's hungry, but it's super darling. When I say, "chew your food" he chomps his mouth. I am so impressed he can understand me. He seriously brings so much happiness into our lives. Oh, lest I forget, he can also throw a pretty good tantrum. He's doing it right now. We are so proud of him :)



seafood dinner.
bangkok taxi.

I look so great here, but the sun was in my eyes :)

on a tuk tuk. Look at W's face. Shocked.

6 pearly whites, and a cute smile.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Thanks for blogging. We love to see you all and our awesome Will. Glad you had a great trip. Looks so fun!.

Heather said...

How fabulous you and Will were able to join in the fun! What adventures...

Jaime said...

Jen you are one hot mama! And that handsome little guy is getting so big! I love that toothy grin- so many teeth!!! We can't wait to see you again!

BAWC said...

who is that hotty in the swimming suit? yeah girl, work it! i love that cute little man too :)