Well I made it out of Africa just fine. This morning I got up real early and did an hour run along the Cape Town coastline, very cool. My 12 hour flight fro SA to Singapore was nice and uneventful and I watched 3 movies and read a new Lance Armstrong book.
I was originally going to stay in Singapore for a day but when I landed at 5:30am and saw that there was a 7:30am flight to Shanghai I got homesick for Jen and Will and switched my flight to 7:30. I board in 30 minutes. Just a side note, if you ever do have a long layover the Singapore airport is the place to do it. They have a gyms, showers, movie theatre, shopping mall, go kart racing track, SPA, and a large pool. Certainly a step up from some of the other airports I've been in. I never thought I'd see so many stinking airports. In the past year or so I've been to 14 different countries. It is neat to see all these places and understand their unique cultures but it also really makes me grateful for my home country and the freedoms we enjoy there.
Well, the 12 hr flight is down, now just another 5.5 hr flight to go and I'll be home!
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Isn't it great to come home to family! Glad you got to see S. Africa and I'm glad you are home safely with your family now.
Post a Comment