All of my meetings here have come to an end and I will be flying out tomorrow morning. Currently I'm in Cape Town South Africa. Cape Town is a great city and the sea food is great. I spent two nights here and two nighs up in Johannesburg - didn't much care for Joburg though. Never thought I would ever end up in Africa, but here I am. The country is busy getting ready for the World Cup next year. They have a huge stadium right next to the beach that will be 'fantastic!' I think 'fantastic' is the most commonly used word in South Africa. The first day here I had trouble with the accent but I'm doing well with it now, it's fantastic.
On these trips I never really get to see very much other than fitness stores and offices but they did take me for a drive around the Cape today and it truley was fantastic. Table Mountain overlooks the coast and the city and the view is incredible. In most Asian cities I usually go for a walk at night and have a look around the city but I don't do that here for safety reasons. It has been a long week away from Jen and Wild Will. Can't wait to get home to them. I leave tomorrow morning on a 12.5 hr flight to Singapore. I'll stay in Singapore for one day of quick meetings and then another 5.5 hr flight home to SH. Can't wait to get home. South Africa is a long ways away from anything, except Zimbabwe.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I hope you have a camera!!! I think I would hate your job, because you have to spend so much time traveling and away from family. I'll bet you are seeing some pretty cool stuff though.
Sounds like you are just as homesick for Jen and Will as they are for you. That is great. You guys are awesome. Keep it up.
You have become quite the world traveler! Hope your trip home is quick and uneventful.
Post a Comment